blank
blank

11.17.2010

give thanks: mk challenge

The photography challenge this week was "give thanks"
This is perfect for the time of year.
There are so many things that I am thankful for, how do you narrow it down?
Then, a couple of days ago, my nephew called and told me he lost his first tooth.
As I asked him about the tooth fairy, my idea came to me.

I am thankful today for Faith.
Faith:  is the confident belief or trust in the truth or 
trustworthiness of a person, concept or thing.

We are taught faith from a very young age.
We have faith in the tooth fairy.
We trust that Santa will come.
We all practice faith from day to day.
We have faith in our relationships.
We have faith that the sun will rise and bring us a new day.
Right now, though I am thankful for a greater faith.
My faith in God and his plan for me has grown so much over this last year.
My faith carries me through the day, and brings me such joy.
I would be nothing without faith.

For my photo, I took it from a favorite bible passage:
"And Jesus said unto them, because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you,
if ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain,
remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you"
-Matthew 17:20


6 comments:

melissa deakin said...

This is incredible, Kourtney!
I love how there is so much meaning in each of your images.
I love the background!
Thanks so much for joining us! I look forward to seeing your image each week!

Lynda and Jerry said...

Good job... love the pic and the post. Very inspirational... And so you. Love you!!

Karen said...

very well put!!!!

Kristi said...

Gorgeous Kourt! Faith is truly something I'm thankful for as well. I love how you think. I used to think this way before kids. :)

Kamill said...

I love your inspirational posts! You are an amazing person inside and out. Having faith is something that can carry us all. I always think about Adam and how he didn't know why God commanded him to sacrifice. He did it because he had faith. Sometimes I am confused with why we are asked to do some things and I always think of Adam and how amazing he was. Thanks for your post... I love the picture of the mustard seeds;)

Life love, clutter and other beautiful things. said...

Wow what a wonderful post. I love your image and the inspiration behind it xox