blank
blank

8.31.2010

back to school time: mk challenge

This week over at {life through the lens} and Savoring the Details,
the photography challenge was:
Back to School Time!

Well, since I'm not in school, nor do I have children in school,
I decide to spot light one of my favorite things when I was in school.

In high school I had the most amazing art teacher.
He taught me so much about being an artist and about being myself.
I think being a true artist is being yourself.
I learned about who I was and how to portray that through my artwork...
And now through my photography.
I think during the 4 years that I had classes from him
I really developed my creativity and my love for all things artistic.
My high school art set-Where it all began.


To check out Frank Thomas' (my teacher) amazing work, go HERE.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kristi said...

How fun...I didn't know you were into art. I think I have a lot to learn about you. :) Ashley loves art as well and has an art set similar but, I'm sure cheaper than yours. Great photos Kourt!

Kamill said...

I didn't know you were into Art! It shows in your picture taking abilities though. You are an amazing photographer!!! Great photos!!! I have been slacking with the photography and challenges lately. I can't seem to get out of my kitchen. Its preserving season and I have been a bottling fool.lol

melissa deakin said...

oh wow...fabulous!
what a great take on this theme.
love your images!
wonderful work as always, kourtney!
thanks for joining in!