blank
blank

10.26.2010

something you cannot live without: mk challenge

The photography challenge this week was:
Photograph something you cannot live without

I have owned a camera as long as I can remember.
I remember a neon pink plastic camera that printed a cartoon character on your image.
I remember my first digital camera.
Countless disposable cameras.
My elph camera given to me by my hubs.
My nikon that I saved for forever.

There is always something about a photograph that grabs me.
It is as if time freezes for that one single moment.
Photographs tell a story.
Photographs show history.
Photographs show love.
Every time I see something unique or emotional,
I think
where is my camera!

This camera that I photographed belonged to my Dad.
My mom told me she gave it to my dad
the first Christmas they were married.
It makes me happy to know my dad loved cameras,
and now, so does my mom.


remember to stop by my friends blogs:
{life through the lens} and Savoring the Details

hope you all have a haunting halloween!

6 comments:

Lynda and Jerry said...

I love this pic. It brings back so, so, so many memories. The first photo's dad took with this camera were at Temple Square of the lights. I agree with you - nothing like capturing a memory in a photograph.

Kristi said...

There is something so charming about old cameras. I have a couple but, I would love more! It's so great to have the story behind this that your mom tells above...it's priceless. Hope you had a good trip. I'm still sick...hope I'm better soon so we can do something. ♥

Unknown said...

We definitely couldn't be doing these prompts without our cameras, huh? I love how your picture looks like it was photographed a long time ago.

Life love, clutter and other beautiful things. said...

What a special camera to have!

I completely agree. The memories cameras enable us to capture and the memories some of them trigger, like the one in your post, are precious.

Love the vintage processing too.

Have a lovely weekend xox

hannah said...

Awesome. You are amazing, Kourtney! Do you mind if I ask what kind of camera you have now? Did you take a photo course/mentorship or did you just learn on your own? You rock. I wish I lived in St. G. We need new family pix. Bad. :)

melissa deakin said...

oh, i love this so much, Kourtney!
i love what you wrote...your passion is so evident.
i had an elph camera too!
i'm so happy you are on this journey with kristi and me.